Sunday, October 5, 2008

[ project completion! ]

I wanted to show everyone the side project that John has been working on. He was so excited to be using his talent and skills again since he hasn't been doing a lot of hands-on work since we were in Rexburg. So I had write a blurb about it to show my admiration for his great work of art! John has been helping my Dad do some remodeling in my parent's bathroom and here is the finished product! Doesn't it look fabulous? You should have seen it before, there was white tile from the 70's that had been collecting a lot of mold and mildew! And to top it off, the tile didn't even go as high as the shower, so this is a major improvement! I have never seen the whole tiling process before so it was interesting to see all the steps required to complete the job. I found that there definitely is a talent to laying tile and it takes a skilled craftsman to make the job look professional! I know I'm biased when I say this but John definitely is a skilled craftsman in my opinion! Great work Babe! I can't wait until you can create great works of art in our own house someday!

2 comments:

Lyd Stew said...

I'm always so impressed with you talented people! I love the vintage house- it's perfect! I also love the potty training charts- I've so been there- and will be again soon I'm afraid- holding out as long as I can on little Autumn! :) Good luck! Stick with it- that's the key- don't go back and forth- once you decide- just hide the diapers and go all the way! (Except at night maybe :) You can do it!

Amy said...

Thanks for the advice about potty training, I'm going to need all the help I can get!!!