Friday, October 3, 2008

[ "The Vintage House" ]

Alright, here are the long awaited pictures of our "vintage" house! Now you can see for yourself just how "vintage" it really is! We start out with a close up of the blue shag carpet that's in our room- lucky us! :)

Here's a view from the carport:

The living room:


The front of the house, I couldn't get a clear shot in front because there are 3 big cherry trees out front, so this will have to do:

View from the front porch:

The Dining room:


The wall of windows... I love this during the day because it's so light! Follow this around and you're in the living room:

The view of the backyard... it's huge!

The front door, it's a split level and we never go downstairs, hence the gate to keep Angie upstairs too! We use the side entrance off the kitchen which takes us right out to the carport. I'll be sure to get pictures of the downstairs another day!

The kitchen of course:

Angie's room, I swear it's bigger than ours, which is technically the master bedroom! As you can tell she loves her room and feels right at home!


Another view of the dining room from the side door in the kitchen:

View of the side door to the carport and the kitchen bar:

Our "master" bedroom with the shag carpet:

Matching tiny blue bathroom, especially the shower! John has to duck his head in order to get his hair wet! Also to put it in perspective... I can't even stretch out my leg to shave because it's so small! It's crazy!


The hallway with lots of storage as you can see!

Last but certainly not least... the orange, tan and brown bathroom with everything matching and I mean everything!

So that's it! Hope you enjoyed the grand tour! I'll be sure to get the rest of the downstairs soon! We don't hardly ever go down there because we have so much space upstairs! There are 4 more bedrooms down there, a small family room, a bathroom and 3 different storage closets! Crazy how big this house is! Please feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear what you guys think! This house definitely has character, wouldn't you agree?

3 comments:

Alison said...

I LOVE the blue shag. It reminds me of cookie monster. And now I want cookies. :)
Seriously, your house is amazing!!!! I bet you are having a blast being able to be all creative with it! I am excited for you guys!

Steve and Cyndi said...

First, I love that you call your home "vintage!" I enjoy homes with character. The great thing is you have a husband that can do the projects himself (the shower tile he did was great). I love seeing potential in things and then watching as it becomes what you saw it could be.

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

LOVELY!!! You definitely deserve all the extra room though. That is awesome! What a great set up for you guys!